This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key contributor on challenging projects (Virtual Reality, High-Res Video, High speed communications, High-Performance Computing FPGA Designs etc.) for F100/F500 companies, explore different disciplines, influence strategy, processes and culture. Lead in your area of expertise, influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps, all the while being exposed to some of the biggest names in our industry.
Someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win, and is excited to apply their creative skills. We are a leading Tier 1 design house growing exponentially – thus we can have a great deal of impact with lots of exciting challenges.
If you want to be part of a creative team, you like to be challenged, you thrive on project diversity, you love to grow, change, and evolve, you enjoy a work environment that is built on openness, fairness, and honesty, you think it is important to have fun while reaching your goals and exceeding customer expectations, then Fidus is the place for You!
Being an industry dominant player, we have an exciting and immediate opening for a Technical Project Manager position for our Ottawa Design Center (Full-time position), who is able to diffuse conflicts, discover the root cause of a problem and work collaboratively to help come up with the best solution for all parties.
What’s in it for You?
- Working with a Proudly Tier 1 High-Tech Design House at a Rapidly Expanding Industry: Fidus is pleased to provide customers with full end-to-end development solutions or more selective targeted engagements. Being a Xilinx Premier Design Services Member, Fidus has delivered more than 1500 projects for 300+ clients, from Tier-1 multinationals to SMEs to start-ups. Fidus is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with local design centers in Kitchener-Waterloo and San Jose.
- Join an Evolving Company: Make your voice heard and create the change you want to see. Be a leader/contributor on challenging projects, lead in your area of expertise influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps. Fidus is recognized for accelerating the product development cycle and optimizing system implementation for better cost, performance and power to our clients!
- Join During Rapid Growth Mode: With growth achieved in 2019 over 55% and strong projections for 2020, you’re joining at an exciting time in Fidus history. Recognized as a trusted design partner, Fidus is dedicated to meeting customer expectations and develop long-term relationships with clients built on integrity, quality and open communications.
- Work with Cutting Edge Technology: Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Work on a variety of leading technologies, be part of a team that solves the hard problems that new technologies present. Our training, mentoring, and exposure to different types of projects allow Fidus engineers to become highly sought after experts, more quickly than in other environment. Exposure to various diverse industries and clients which means exciting new technologies.
- Generous Benefits Package and Company Culture: Featuring a full benefits package, healthy work/life balance, LTD & STD, generous PTO and a company emphasis placed on feeling welcome and at home; ensuring you are taken care of is of utmost importance to Fidus.
What You’ll Need for the Position:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience of an additional 6 years
- 5+ years industry experience of which 3+ years of Project Management experience or proven technical leadership
- Proven track record managing small projects using project management methodologies
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with Business Managers, Designers and Customers
- Demonstrate delivery of innovative solutions to project challenges
- Completed or working towards PMP, considered an asset
- Experience using a time reporting system, such as Replicon, considered an asset
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Plans, delivers and manages medium to large sized projects. The Project team may be distributed across multiple sites and disciplines
- Resolves ambiguity with Sales, the Customer and the Project Team
- Works closely with Sales and Technical Leads to understand project requirements
- Responsible for independent project decisions related to scope, schedule and budget
- Provides custom reports upon request to Technical Leads
- Manages project process and resources, including budget and schedules from design and development all the way to implementation.
- Identifies process gaps and implements process improvements to address them at the project level
- Manages technical negotiations with suppliers
In Latin, Fidus means “trustworthy and dependable”. We live up to the meaning of our name with our customers, suppliers, partners and each other.
With design center locations in Ottawa, Waterloo and San Jose, Fidus is a global leader and dynamic high-tech design firm. Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Our hardware, software, FPGA and signal integrity teams innovate, design and deliver next-generation products for clients in emerging technology markets.
Established in 2001, Fidus successfully completed over 3,000 projects for over 300 customers by serving diverse clientele at such industries as Telecom/Datacom, Aerospace and Defence, Consumer, Semiconductors, Industrial/Automotive Controls, Medical etc. Being the inaugural Xilinx Premier North American Design Services member means that we have great FPGA designers with leading edge expertise and we solve some of the customers toughest design challenges.
Believing that Fidus employees are the most important resource we have to offer, Fidus aims to always challenge their employees to be the best that they can be. We are proud of the operating culture that is maintained as well as our fantastic employee retention. With a reputation known for relentlessly providing expert service and knowledge into the different markets that we serve with emerging technology and inventions - overachieving is how things are done.